The Importance of Value

Today in class I made sure to pay A LOT of attention to the fine details of my paining, but especially my eyes. I made sure to accentuate the shadows a lot more and I think it helped to make my painting look a whole lot more realistic. My nose is more defined and my eyes look as realistic as you can get in a purposeful abstract painting. I used the lifting technique to lighten the shadows so I could blend them a lot better. I really wish I didn't mask absolutely everything. I pretty much outlined everything that was going to be shadowed and because of that it's left me with strong lines that don't look good with the painting (e.g. the shadows along my mouth. One thing I plan on working on a lot!) I will go through and accentuate some of the deeper shadows that I lifted up, but it at least wont look like a line. The project is due tomorrow after class, but I still have so much more to do! I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to get what I want to get done tomorrow so I don't have to take it home.


-Alyson

Comments

Popular Posts