So far, so good...

We're almost halfway through the school year and I've finally made an art project that I like! So far, so good. I have yet to make a catastrophic mistake and ruin the whole thing! 
My whole plan at the beginning was to make something like The Scream with the colors. I had trouble deciding if I should do the colors of The Scream because of my red hair and I thought my hair would end up fading into the background. Also, my expression on the reference photo seemed a lot more smiley, unlike The Scream, which is obviously very dark and gloomy. Because of that I unintentionally gave myself a limited color pallet full of primary's. I chose Caeruleum blue, crimson red, and medium yellow. I did a quick mix of all the colors on a sheet of paper and really liked how they all mixed together. My teacher also didn't want us using brown or black to create the shadows, but I was able to add the yellow to the purple to make the purple a bit more deeper, which helped to accentuate the shadows.


Right now I have a TON more to do. I still have masking fluid on the majority of it, I need to make my colors more vibrant and define the shadows a little more, and well, as you can tell I don't have eyebrows or eyelashes so far, haha. 
Right now it's the weekend and I'm dying to get back to it and work. I thought I would never say this, but I'm super excited for Monday to come so I can work on this. The hour we have everyday just isn't enough! Only if it was acceptable to miss all of my other classes and stay in the art room. I'd probably be in a much better mood because I wouldn't have to go to Biology...

-Alyson

Comments

Popular Posts