"That's Creepy"

Since it's summer break I've been able to whip out two art projects in just one day, yaya! Last Friday I went over to one of my good friends house to finish up watching the star wars series. They found out that I hated Star Wars because at a very young age I walked into the family room where my brother and dad were watching the movies and those creatures, and Anakin burning alive, well, didn't make the best impression on me. I had seen the Force Awakens trailer last year a lot and really, really thought it looked good. For the past month and a half my friends and I have been watching the movies together (them re-watching and me watching for the first time) and I fell in love with the Force Awakens. IT WAS SOOO GOOD! I have been in the biggest Star Wars hangover since Friday and gah, can't get over it.
 I was insanely bored and really feeling the inspiration to make art so I made a watercolor portrait of BB-8 and then drew Kylo Ren. 
Now the title might seem, well odd and I have another story to tell. So I'd been drawing Kylo Ren for about two hours and my mom comes up to my room and asks me what I was doing. At the moment I was folding laundry, but I told her that I had been drawing. She walks over to my desk where my sketchbook was open and just says, "Oh that's creepy." Like wow mom thanks, haha. I asked her why and she says, "Well, I was expecting to see a human. Not that." (She wasn't being mean!) Her reaction made me laugh so hard that I just had to post the drawing and share the story. I ended up texting that to my friends I watched Star Wars with, and they also take art classes with me, and they laughed so hard too. 
Us artists experience those kinds of things a lot. Am I right or am I right? Haha. 
Photo Reference


This was drawn in a sketchbook given to me as a gift with various graphite pencil brands. It's something I wouldn't normally do, but it was fun to do a "quick" study of Kylo Ren, especially since this is the first time I've done a portrait that I'm proud of without a grid!

Comments

Popular Posts