A Little Update on Life

Wow, has life gotten busy! I feel like I've been go, go, go ever since August and haven't been able to stop until now. I have honestly been stressed to the max and just haven't even thought about this blog. Homework has taken over my life and because of that this blog has been thrown on the back burner, and dang has it been thrown hard. I am very pleased to say that I have a lot of artwork that I've been doing. Having two art classes a day has really helped my creativity and I've produced more artwork in four months than I have in multiple years. 
I'm thrilled to report that I am going to be making a new print for a show this coming Spring that I will possibly be in. I have two ideas so far, and they differ from each other drastically. I still have yet to show my teacher, yikes! I'll probably need to start working on it soon though because I don't have nearly as much free time as I did last year. I will update y'all on the process though!
Right now in my painting class we are working on watercolor self portraits and this has been my favorite painting I've done. It's coming along just the way I want it to, and I couldn't be happier with it! Everyone at my table has been doing amazing on it and everyone seems to be pretty thrilled about the whole project. The energy that seems to be generated at my table is pretty uplifting while working on a project. I feel like I get into these ruts while I'm painting and I end up hating it midway through the process. Getting reassurance and tips from my table mates and returning the reassurance and tips to them is helpful. We all seem to be feeding off of each others ideas and excited energy! I'll hopefully have a post coming soon on the art project we are currently doing!

-Alyson

Comments

Popular Posts