Starry Night Delimma

Ugh, you know those paintings that you can never finish because all you can do is look at it and pick out every little thing that is wrong with it. Yeah this is me with this painting. I just can't seem to finish it! Don't get me wrong I love how this painting looks, but there are just simple things like a couple of brushstrokes and color corrections that I want to do to it.
If you didn't know Starry Night has to be one of my absolute favorite paintings ever. I feel like everyone else does too, but really who couldn't! I love the sense of calm and mystery to it. The brushstrokes are also just one of my most favorite things ever! I love the look and detail of brushstrokes and texture.
I tried to recreate this with acrylic paint and I am shocked with how it turned out. Granted I can't even tell you how many layers it took to achieve this (and there will possibly end up being more), but I really love the look of it.
I guess I just need to leave it how it is now until I fully decide if I want to make anymore tweaks to it.


-Alyson Cruse

Comments

Popular Posts